Configuring the default validity period of a payment order
A payment order is always created with an expiry date.
Once the expiry date has passed, the buyer can no longer pay.
By default, a payment order is only valid on the day the order is created.
To change the default expiry date of a payment order:
- Go to Settings > Shop, then select the shop for which the configuration must be changed.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Edit the section Default validity period of a payment order (in days) as desired.
- Click Save.
- When creating an order, the merchant has the possibility to set an expiry date for each transaction.
- As long as the payment order has not been finalized (i.e. settled by the buyer), the merchant has the possibility to change the validity period of a payment order via the “Change the expiry date of the order” function of the Merchant Back Office or automatically via the PaymentOrder/Update Web Service function (see appendices).