What is 3D Secure?
It is an interbank protocol that provides a high level of security for online payments.
The goal of 3D Secure is to protect e-merchants from risks of fraud and, more specifically, from cardholder disputes.
- “Visa Secure” (instead of Verified by Visa) is the 3D Secure program of Visa
- “Mastercard Identity check” (replaces Mastercard Secure Code) is the name of the 3D Secure program of Mastercard
- “Safekey” is the 3D Secure program of American Express
- “CB paiement sécurisé” is the 3D Secure program of CB
- “ProtectBuy” is the 3D Secure program of Diners and Discover
3D Secure is included in all online payment e-commerce offers distributed by the BPCE Group. BPCE Payment Services will enroll you in the 3D Secure program. This “3DS enrollment” consists in declaring your merchant website with the CB, Diners, Visa, Mastercard and Amex networks.
By accepting this type of authentication, you can add the logos below to your website and inform your customers/users about the types of authentication you accept.