Making recurring payments
- Recurring payment, also called "subscription", "pre-approved payment" or "automatic payment" implemented by PayPal. The buyer configures their account and PayPal takes care of the payment schedule and the recurring payments after the Enabling the "PayPal Reference Transaction" option option is enabled.
- Payment by ID implemented by the merchant in their Merchant Back Office that is used for recurring payments via PayPal.The payment gateway provides this second option which offers several advantages.The merchant increases the buyer's loyalty by providing the possibility to associate an identifier with a payment method in view of facilitating future payments on the website.There are several advantages to the token:
- fast and secure payments (1-click payment),No need to enter bank details or sign in to a PayPal account in order to pay. Only the token is transferred during the exchange.
- possibility to make periodic or recurring payments,The merchant manages the payment schedule and the recurring payments via the Merchant Back Office.Once a token has been created, it is possible to add one or several additional recurring payments that would use this token.
- fast and secure payments (1-click payment),
The payment form allows to make the following operations:
- create a token.
- create a token during a payment.
- create a token when creating a recurring payment.
- create a token when creating a recurring payment with a payment.
- update information associated with a token.
- use a token to perform a 1-click payment.
- use a token to create a new recurring payment.
- offer the possibility to create a token during a payment.
- update information associated with a token during a payment.
For more information about recurring payments, see the Implementation guidePayment by token- Recurring payment available in our online document archive (https://paiement.systempay.fr/doc/en-EN/ ).