Creating a token during a recurring payment
In addition to the information used in the case of Creating a token without payment, this use case must also include information related to the recurring payment, such as:
- the initial amount of the recurring payment (amount used for the first installment/s) if it is different (optional),
- the amount of the recurring payment (amount of installments or the amount used for the following installments when the first one is different).
The merchant website transmits buyer details to the payment gateway, in particular the e-mail address, which is mandatory.
- The buyer verifies the information displayed on the payment page (identity, amount and currency of the transaction).
- He or she clicks on the payment method that will be recorded and used. The payment page appears. It contains the following information:
- for the recording:
- information about the buyer's identity,
- entry of buyer's banking details.
- for the recurring payment:
- the number of installments,
- the amount per installment.
- for the recording:
- If the buyer has selected a bank card, he or she enters:
- the card number,
- the card expiry month,
- the card expiry year,
- the CVV code of the card, if there is one.
- The buyer clicks Validate.If all the payment method verification processes have been successfully completed, the summary appears.It contains the newly created token. It can be later used for another financial operation.The amounts of the recurring payment also appear in the payment summary when the payment method number verification (example: bank card) has been successfully completed.It is possible to send these details to the buyer by e-mail and receive:
Note:To find out how to send these details by e-mail, see chapter Configuring e-mails sent to the buyer.
- the confirmation of the registration of these banking details on the payment gateway of the shop,
- confirmation of the registration of the recurring payment.
- its amount is 1.00 EUR or 0.00 EUR if supported by the acquirer,
- its status is either "Accepted" (vads_trans_status=ACCEPTED) or "Declined" (vads_trans_status=REFUSED),
- it is never captured and remains in the "Transactions in progress" tab.
The token will not be created if the authorization or information request is rejected.