Viewing the 3D Secure authentication result
In the transaction details, the 3D Secure tab presents all the information necessary for understanding the result of cardholder authentication. If the tab is absent, it means that this is a non-3DS transaction.
- The enrollment status of the payment method in the 3D Secure program
- The authentication status of the cardholder
- The final status of 3D Secure process
- The result of the payment guarantee assessment.
- 3D Secure v2: Indicates the authentication method of the cardholder (frictionless or challenge).
If the acquiring bank does not support this version of the protocol, the authentication continues in 3D Secure v1.
- 3D Secure v1: Indicates the URL of the authentication website of the cardholder’s bank (ACS). This section will disappear over time.
- Authentication data: Indicates the merchant preference in 3DS2 or the validity of the message containing the result of cardholder authentication (PaRes) in 3DS1.
- Authentication details: Lists the various events that occurred during authentication.
Here is how to interpret this information according to the different use cases.