Modifying a transaction
The Edit action is available when the transaction has one of the following statuses:
- To be validated
- To be validated and authorized
- Waiting for authorization
- Waiting for capture
- The modified amount cannot be greater than the initial amount.
- When the transaction has not yet been authorized, the capture date can be defined anytime between the current date and the capture date specified by the merchant during the payment. An authorization request will be automatically triggered if the selected capture date is between the current date and the expiry date of the authorization request (e.g.: 7 days for Visa).
- When the transaction has already been authorized, the capture date at the bank cannot be later than the expiry date of the authorization (e.g.: 7 days for Visa).
- The card type authorizes to modify the amount or the capture date.
To modify a transaction:
- Select the transaction.
- Click Edit.The Edition of a transaction dialog box appears.
It is also possible to validate transactions with the To be validated or To be validated and authorized status by checking Validate the transaction.
- Enter a new amount.
Reminder: the new amount must be lower than the initial amount.
- Enter the capture date.
The calendar will show the authorized slot for the capture date. The slot is calculated based on when the authorization expires. The authorization validity period depends on the payment method and the network that was used for the authorization request ( e.g.: 7 days for Visa).
- Click on Validate.
- the payment amount corresponds to the modified amount,
- the initial amount corresponds to the amount before the modification.