Managing Soft Decline
- The merchant website initiates a transaction in euro and disables the 3D Secure authentication via the strongAuthentication field in the Charge/CreatePayment request.
- The payment gateway returns the formToken to the merchant website.
- The merchant website uses the formToken to display the embedded form.
- The payment gateway performs an authorization request without 3DS data.
- The card issuer refuses the transaction with the “Soft Decline” motive.
- The payment gateway creates a refused transaction. The merchant website is not notified about this transaction.
- The payment gateway automatically initiates a new payment, with 3D Secure authentication without requesting the buyer to enter their card details once again.
- If the 3D Secure authentication is successful, the gateway performs a new authorization request.
- If the authorization request is accepted, the payment gateway creates an accepted transaction with a sequence number (sequenceNumber) set to 2, then notifies the merchant website.
- The merchant website displays the order confirmation page.