Retrieving the cardholder authentication result
In the transaction details, the 3D Secure (or SafeKey for American Express cards) tab presents all the information necessary for understanding the result of cardholder authentication. If the tab is absent, it means that this is a non-3DS transaction.
In the Recap section, you will find:
- The enrollment status of the payment method in the 3D Secure program
- The authentication status of the cardholder.
- The final status of 3D Secure process
- The result of the payment guarantee assessment.
- 3D Secure v2: Indicates the authentication method of the cardholder (frictionless or challenge).
- Authentication data: Indicates, among other things, the merchant’s preference and the reason for the error received from the authentication service in 3DS2.
- Authentication details: lists the various events that occurred during authentication.
Here is how to interpret this information according to the different use cases.