Viewing the American Express SafeKey authentication result
Click on the SafeKey tab.
In the Recap section, you will find:
- The enrollment status of the payment method in the 3D Secure program
- The authentication status of the cardholder.
- The final status of 3D Secure process
- The result of the liability shift assessment
The other sections provide technical information on the authentication process, useful in the event of a customer support request:
- 3D Secure v2: Indicates the authentication method of the cardholder (frictionless or challenge).
- 3D Secure v1: Indicates the URL of the authentication website of the cardholder’s bank (ACS).
- Authentication data: Indicates the merchant preference in 3DS2, the reason for refusal if transmitted by the ACS, or the validity of the message containing the result of cardholder authentication (PaRes) in 3DS1.
- Authentication details: Lists the various events that occurred during authentication.
For more information, see chapter Viewing the 3D Secure authentication result.