Viewing the 3D Secure authentication result
Click the 3D Secure tab.
In the Recap section, you will find:
- the enrollment status of the payment method for the 3D Secure program,
- the authentication status of the cardholder,
- the final status of 3D Secure process,
- the result of the liability shift assessment.
The other sections provide technical information on the authentication process, useful in the event of a customer support request:
- 3D Secure v2: Indicates the authentication method of the cardholder (frictionless or challenge).
If the acquiring bank does not support this version of the protocol, the authentication continues in 3D Secure v1.
- 3D Secure v1: Indicates the URL of the authentication website of the cardholder’s bank (ACS). This section will disappear over time.
- Authentication data: Indicates the merchant preference in 3DS2 or the validity of the message containing the result of cardholder authentication (PaRes) in 3DS1.
- Authentication details: Lists the various events that occurred during authentication.
Here is how to interpret this information according to the different use cases.