Defining the steps of the payment process - As seen by the buyer
The diagram below presents the exchange process from the point of view of the buyer.
- The buyer validates the shopping cart.
- The merchant website redirects the buyer to the payment gateway. This redirection is done via an HTML POST form in HTTPS.The parameters of the form are described in the chapter Generating a payment form.
- When the parameters and their signature have been verified, the payment method selection page appears. Figure 1. Selecting a payment method
If the payment method has been specified in the form, the buyer moves on directly to step 6.
- The buyer selects a payment method.
- The buyer clicks Validate.
- The buyer enters the number and the expiry date of their card.If the card has a security (CVV) code, it must be specified.Figure 2. Entering payment method details
- During a payment by CB card co-branded VISA or MASTERCARD, the buyer chooses the logo of the brand he or she wishes to use for the payment.The payment gateway automatically detects the brand(s) associated with the number of the used card.If several brands are available, a drop-down list will appear to the right of the entry field. The logo chosen by the merchant will appear first on the list.If only one brand is available, the logo will appear automatically.
If you need help, you can click the ? icon to the right of the entry field.
- He or she and confirms the entry by clicking Validate.
- If the merchant and the buyer’s card are enrolled in the 3D Secure program, the payment will be authenticated with 3D Secure.
- An authorization request is sent to the buyer’s bank, the issuer, in addition to internal fraud verification on the payment gateway.
- In case of success, a summary page is presented to the buyer resuming the transaction details. The logo of the brand selected by the buyer will appear on the receipt.
A button allowing to return to the shop is presented.
In case of failure, a message is displayed. The buyer is informed of the rejection of the payment request. A button allowing to cancel and return to the shop is presented.
If you have configured a number of additional attempts that is higher than 0 in your Merchant Back Office, the buyer will be able to retry to finalize their payment. If he or she accepts, the payment process resumes at the stage of payment method selection.
Once the additional attempts have been used, the payment is permanently rejected.