Using the form with redirect
Affected use cases
- Immediate payment with card detail entry
- Payment in installments
- Card registration (with or without payment, with or without creating a recurring payment)
- Payment by token
The procedure below applies to CB , VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX payments.
- The merchant website redirects the buyer to the payment gateway by transmitting the payment details (amount, currency, etc.).
- The payment gateway displays the card detail entry page.
The buyer selects their payment method and enters the number and expiration date of their card.
If the card has a security (CVV) code, it must be specified.
- The payment gateway proceeds to 3D Secure authentication.
- The payment gateway sends an authorization request to the acquirer (the merchant’s bank).
- The payment gateway notifies the merchant website about the payment result.
- In case of success, the payment gateway displays the summary page with the transaction details.
If the payment is refused, the payment gateway invites the buyer to try to make another payment.
Creation of the payment form
The 3D Secure authentication result is transmitted in the end of payment notification (IPN) and when the buyer’s browser is redirected to the merchant website.
Here is a list of fields describing cardholder authentication according to the use case:
|Use case||Returned fields|
|Transaction with successful strong authentication.|
|Transaction with frictionless authentication successfully completed, the merchant has the “Frictionless 3DS2” option and has requested authentication without cardholder interaction.|
|Transaction with frictionless authentication successfully completed, the merchant has not requested authentication without cardholder interaction.|
|Transaction with failed 3D Secure authentication.|
|Transaction with a technical error during the authentication.|
|Payment session expiration.|
|Card not enrolled.|